Monday, March 15, 2010

Why we do the things we do!

Why we do the things we do? Sometimes we are a victim of circumstance, or happenstance. We react or overreact based on our temperament. Crazy, wild hand wringing. Crying, screaming or retreating. Some lock themselves in the bathroom so no one will know they are having a mini meltdown. Some end up in a strait jacket, some on medication.

Some of us make jokes, make light of a hard situation we have been handed. Finally those of us who have at last (at long last) reached some understanding of God just light a candle, close our eyes and pray.

I have finally reached that point of my life. Oh sure sometimes my baser human nature gets the best of me and I use a few choice four letter words and slam the heck out of the kitchen cabinets. AND CLEAN. But usually now I just smile and light a candle.

It's very freeing to be at that place in life, calming really. Despite all my friends and family's best efforts to get some other response out of me. Sometimes a good bottle of red wine helps. My philosophy is pretty much stay away from the doctor's office, have a glass of wine and if the going gets really tough have a Benedryal or two.

Maybe one day my friends will find me in a corner somewhere with drool running down my chin, chanting some nonsense and rocking back and forth. It's okay really. Because I will be past the point of caring then.

So for now my advice to all is don't sweat the small stuff, or any stuff for that matter. Pray, pray hard and often. Light a candle, throw back a good glass of wine. Have some dark chocolate for goodness sake and if you don't see me every couple of days check my closet and make sure I'm not in there in the floor.

Peace!

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping that us bible study ladies will all stick together and not allow each other to be rocking in a corner with drool coming out of our mouth---what happened to you guys last week when you missed me doing that? Our bible study gives us the opportunity to remain saine in an otherwise crazy world. Thanks be to God for that.

    ReplyDelete